Sunday, June 15, 2014

Six

By this time next week, my copilot (ShamRock) and I will have made it to San Francisco, and beaten that pesky spiky yellow thing, the Sun to San Francisco. It will have been so much of a success, that I'll start to plan a different trip the next year for the same reason. This is me, being my uncharacteristically optimistic self. I like it, it just doesn't happen that often.
I got an email from the Crowdrise people telling me that we're so close to reaching my goal, and they even broke it down that my average donor gave $44 and if 2 more people at that rate gave we'd make our goal. Which is kind of awesome, because my numbernerdiness came in to play and realized that 44x2=88 which has two eights in it, and well if you'd read this blog two days ago you'd know that the number 8 is important to me and my wife.
On a side note of numbernerdiness, this past Friday, the 13th, we went out to eat at the best taqueria in town, Tacopocalypse. Our order total came up to $11.13, and with out really thinking about it I put a $2 tip in to make the total, $13.13. That's right. I'm tempting fate. I got no worries though, I have ShamRock with me.

Anyway, we're six days to the event now and things are falling in to place. I got the car-door magnets I ordered, and I'm pretty much just waiting to pack and such to get things going and get ready to leave.

And because it's a theme, and sort of a thing at this house, I give you the #6 jersey-bearer from Santa Claus, Indiana, Jay Cutler.


No comments: